Today is a much better day, Praise the Lord! This round of chemo seemed to hit me harder than the others--I guess that is to be expected, as the Dr. had told me--the more doses, the worse the side-effects. It took me a couple extra days to crawl out of my "chemo hole" this time, but as of today I'm feeling better and stronger, and in a good mood. Jitters are not as bad now, but numb feet and hands, however, are going strong. That's okay--I'll deal with the numbness--I'll take that over the jitters anyday!
We got my Mom moved Sunday and Monday, and I think I overdid attempting that little adventure only 2 days after chemo. I should've waited a few more days before moving her, but, as you know, my silly tendency is to do these things first and then question "why did I do that?" after I did it:). I was exhausted afterwards, but the good news is now she's moved in and it's done and we don't have to worry about it this coming weekend. She took the move pretty well--please continue to pray for her adjustment. It is a nice place and I think she's going to adjust with a little time. She's not complaining and that's a good sign.
Will had a play-off soccer game tonight and they won, so they get to go to round 2 of the playoffs on Friday night. The team looked good and the boys were so excited to get this win. It was a good night for our Huskies. Will got a yellow card for arguing with the ref (I don't know where he gets that personality trait:). Other than that little situation, he had a really good game. Of course, it doesn't help matters much when Chuck is on the sidelines cheering Will on for getting the yellow card!
Aaron called last night--he has the flu. He sounded terrible. Please add him to your prayer list too! He had his head in the toilet all day yesterday, and he slept all day today. He's going to try to go back to class and work tomorrow, but he wasn't sure yet. I feel bad because he's too far away for me to do anything for him. I know, I know, it's just the flu, but I still feel bad--it's the first time he's been sick in the 2 1/2 years that he's been away at school. He said one of his dorm buddies brought him some 7up, so at least somebody's looking out for him:).
Hope all is well with all of you. I better go and get some sleep--gotta go to work tomorrow.
Take care and God Bless.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment