Hi friends. Another busy week--sorry I haven't updated before now. Happy belated 4th of July to everyone--hope it was a fun holiday for all. Will was in a baseball tournament at the coast for 3 days with his high school summer team, so Chuck went with him to that. Aaron drove over to the coast Sat. afternoon after he got off work to join them. I stayed home, as I wasn't quite up to the drive over there or sitting on bleachers all day for the games. Plus, I wanted to stay home to check on Mom too. So Mom and I went to a barbeque at our friends' the Milhons house, as has been our 4th of July tradition for several years. It was delicious as usual, and Mom had a good time getting out--her first real outing since her hospital stay. After taking Mom home I went to the high school and joined up with the Milhons again to watch the fireworks and had a good time. The walk from parking to the stadium was the farthest I'd walked since my surgery and I did fine--it actually felt good to get a little exercise. Of course the next day I was tired so I did NOTHING again! I'm really anxious for more energy to return because I'm getting tired of being tired each time after having a good day. Patience, hmmmm.
This week is filled with more appts. Will had a consultation appt. with an oral surgeon in Fresno today. He has to get his wisdom teeth pulled--fun, fun for him! After the appt. I found out it will be 4-6 weeks before he can get it done because that's how long it takes our insurance to approve or deny the procedure! Obviously, we aren't as happy with our dental insurance as we are with our medical insurance:).
I will see the same oral surgeon myself on Thursday to get that pesky tooth removed that has been bothering me since chemo. I'll be so happy to get that done. An answered prayer on that situation is the dr. thinks he can get the tooth out without putting me under anesthesia. I am very happy about that because when I mentioned the tooth extraction to Dr. Skilling 2 weeks ago when I was in Sacramento, he wanted me to wait a couple of months before having it done because of the anesthetic--something about it being not enough time from the last dose of anesthetic with my surgery in June. So, when the oral surgeon told me last week that he would try to get the tooth out with just a local, it was good news to me!
I'm also having my chemo port removed Thursday! It will be a busy day. I scheduled them both on the same day so Chuck would only have to take one day off work to drive me in case of any complications. Also getting them done on the same day is more convenient with my blood thinner medication. Any time I have a procedure done, I have to go off the coumadin for 5 days before and then go back on it gradually after the procedure is over--it has to be monitored very closely so my blood is not too thin before the dr. cuts on me, but yet not too thick as to risk another blood clot. Getting both procedures done on the same day means I only have to deal with the coumadin balancing act once for both procedures. Please pray for me on Thursday, as it's going to be busy both logistically and energy-wise.
Have a great week friends.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Stacey,
Thanks for the update as I've been checking this past week! Glad to hear that your mom is doing better and you had an enjoyable 4th. We were at the coast this past weekend I would of love to watch a baseball game...maybe next time.
I have to take my mom to her eye appt. this am, so I decided to write before I left. The joys of my mom not driving...yikes!
I will be thinking of you on Thursday as you have your procedures done. It will be great when it's over that is for sure.
Nothing new out my way, just busy with Spy doing allstar shirts/hats and of course the fair is next week. Ronnie has been busy making stall banners for 4-H and FFA groups. Never a dull moment!
Well better get, take care and keep the faith!
Love ya,
JoAnne
Hi Stacey. We have been anxiously awaiting the good news from your procedures. I check frequently. I would love to hear how you are doing and the family has been enjoying the summer. Take care.
Hi Stacey! It's the middle of the night and you were on my mind so I decided to get up and log into this blog to see if there were any updates. You have been on my mind constantly and I am so glad to hear that you are getting better daily. I would love to come visit you...we need to catch up. Lots of love from the Mort's...say hello to everyone. Love, Shelly
Hi Stacey - I, too, have been thinking about you a lot. I think we need an update if you feel up to it. Are you keeping cool up there? Love ya, Margaret
Post a Comment