Hi friends. I'm 4 days past my last chemo treatment and the "chemo fog" is lifting. This one hit pretty hard, just like the last 2 did. Those silly jitters drive me crazy! The numbness has been coming and going, only this time my face got numb too! That was so weird--it was kinda like coming off of novacain (sp?) after a dental apptmt. Dr. Box said facial numbness is normal too--not to worry. The latest chemo side effect thing is I'm starting to lose 2 of my toenails. They are starting to feel "flaky" and starting to lift off. I'm sorry, that sounds so gross, huh? Actually, it is pretty yucky, so I'm trying not to look at them too much cuz it does gross me out. So today I am thankful for socks that cover my feet:).
I got appts for both my CT scan (3/18) and my PET scan (3/24). Then I go see Dr. Box on 3/26 for the results of both of those scans and to see what she decides about whether or not to do more chemo. As I wrote before, I am disappointed in the possibility of more chemo--I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up before we were sure.
But this much I DO know. If doing more chemo is going to help us get rid of any cancer that, even though we may not be able to see it, may be still lurking around in my body, then that is what we must do, whether I want to do it or not. Of course I will do more chemo if that is what Dr. Box says we must do, because I know that she has my best interest in mind and she is only interested in doing whatever will give me the best shot at a longer life. So please forgive my whining over not wanting to do more chemo. Bottom line is, I'm going to trust whatever she tells me to do because I'm trusting God, and God is the one who placed me in her hands in the first place! If I need to have more chemo, then God will give me the endurance to get through it also. So please help me to pray for not only endurance, but also peace in my heart...God's perfect peace that passes all understanding...as we await these tests and the resulting decisions to be made.
Have a good day friends. Remember to thank the Lord for a blessing today.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Stacey,
I am praying that you will not have to receive any more chemo. I hope you had your last treatment and you will be feeling well soon!! =) It was nice of the doctor to share with you from his point of view. That is really scarey... of course I know your condition is serious, but I didn't realize the doctors feared the surgery may not be successful.
I feel bad that you are having to deal with all these changes with the hair and the toenails and all.
God bless you Stacey...you are so sweet. It makes me so sad you are going through all this... And you keep such a positive attitude.
You are in my prayers.
Much love,
Celia
Hi Stacey,
So sorry it took so long to get in touch. I must say the family and I were shocked to read what had been going on in your lives. We all felt so bad that we were not able to lend support in anyway. Im glad to read that treatment remains positive and you seem in such good spirts. If ever you need anything please know we are always here for you all. We Miss You guys! I will be intouch. Love, Andrea Baggs & Family
i love you mom...ill call tomorrow goodnight
Post a Comment