Friday, March 27, 2009

Update 3/27/09

Hi friends. The good news is I'm sitting here at home posting instead of sitting in a recliner in Fresno getting a chemo treatment! The bad news (and this doesn't even count as "bad news") is my PET scan report wasn't completed by the time I had my appt. with Dr. Box yesterday, so we'll have to wait a few more days before we get the official results. She will let me know as soon as she gets the report.

Dr. Box tried, to no avail, to get someone to read the scan yesterday and get results to us. Since that didn't happen, she pulled up the scan herself on her computer and we looked at it together during my appt. It was so interesting--I'm amazed at the detail of these things--not that I understand it--but it was pretty cool to look at:). She thought it looked pretty good to her, which was great news for me, but again, we're waiting for the final results from the report until we get all excited.

The CT scan report was done--and that report is all good--no new masses/cancer seen in that scan! Praise God!!!!! Now we just wait a few more days for the PET results. Dr. Box said to call middle of next week if I haven't heard anything by then. After all that we've been through the last 6 months, a few more days to wait is nothing--I am encouraged by Dr. Box's confidence that things look good, and, most importantly, I know that God is in control.

I can't begin to tell you how much your prayers mean to me and my family. I know I repeat myself saying this, but that's okay, because I don't think I can ever say thank you enough!

So I'll let you know how the report turns out as soon as I hear from the Dr.s office. Meantime--thank you again for your continued prayers!

It's a beautiful day today--enjoy it--and rejoice in it too!

Love, Stacey

4 comments:

Celia Loewen said...

Stacey,
I am so glad the CT scan looked good! Thank God!!

See you soon.
~Celia

Karen G. said...

AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.. God is soooo Good! I have no other words and that is a first for me!

**Karen

Brown Family said...

Stacey:

I Praise God for you, your positive attitude is amazing. I/we have a good feeling about your test results! We continue to keep you in our daily prayers.
Love, Steve, Linda, Maureen, Laine & Hans

Debra said...

Yeah for the CT scan! You are such an inspiration to us all. I'll pray for your phone to ring ASAP with great news about the PET scan too! Take a look at the picture I finally posted. I'm with one of your teaching buddies - we both look a little silly:)
Love, Debra