Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update 4/1/09

Hi friends. I spoke with Dr. Box's office today about my PET scan results. No new cancer on the scan--I'm officially in remission!!!! Our God is SO good, and He does answer prayer!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying for me. I am so grateful to you all for your many many prayers during the last 6 months. I can't even begin to tell you just how grateful I am.

So what happens next? I go see Dr. Box every 3 months for the next year for check ups. The cancer that I have is very aggressive and she wants to keep a close watch on me, in case anything starts up again we can get a jump on it and go right back to chemo. I also have an appt. with Dr. Skilling, my surgeon in Sacramento, in 2 weeks. He wanted to see me for a follow up appt. after I was done with chemo.

Wow, I'm actually done with chemo:). Six months ago my doctor didn't know if I would survive surgery, and today I am in remission. Thank you, Lord.

Love, Stacey

4 comments:

The Martins Family said...

Stacy,
I just want you to know that our family has prayed for you, your family and a speedy recovery every day since we found out. We will continue to pray for you and continue to thank the Lord for prayers answered and Him allowing you to touch the lives of many more families...your work here is not done my friend!! :) We love you and are so greatful for this good news!!! - The Martins Family

Celia Loewen said...

Oh Stacey!!
Thank God!! I am so happy to hear the great news! (((Hugs)))
See you soon!
~Celia

Fagundes' said...

HI Stacey!
Wow, what great news!!! We are soooooo happy to hear it...GOD doesn't work in special ways that is for sure.

It's an exciting time for you, but I know it has been a rough road for you personally along with your family these past 6 months.

Keep smiling, life is good!
I hope to see you soon...maybe at the game on Friday, if I go I will look for you!

Love Ya,
JoAnne

Brown Family said...

Stacey:
Praises!!! God is good.....all the time. We admire your strength and faith. We do hope to see you soon. Love, Steve, Linda, Maureen, Laine and Hans