Hi friends. I can't believe 2 weeks have gone by since my last post. As I start feeling better, my life is getting back to being busy again, and I am finding less time to sit down at the computer. Work is busy, with all of the end of the school year stuff going on. Will's baseball schedule also keeps us busy, with 2 games per week. He is also going to the prom Saturday, so we've been getting ready for that as well. Aaron's last final at school is tomorrow, so he will be home for the summer on Saturday also. So the pace around here is picking up--and I'm trying to keep up.
My hair growth is coming along slowly. I haven't noticed much difference in the last week--guess it's going to take awhile. As far as the eyebrows go--they're coming in fast. No unibrow yet, Tim, but I did buy a new pair of tweezers just in case they get out of hand:).
Chuck and I went to Sacramento a couple of weeks ago for an appt. with my surgeon, Dr. Skilling. He's decided I'm in good enough condition to have another surgery on June 9 to repair my colon. He wanted to wait until I had been finished with chemo for awhile and was up for another surgery. I wanted to wait until June so I could finish out the school year, and then have the summer to recover. My hope is to be able to return to work 5 days a week with the new school year beginning in August.
According to the dr., my hospital stay will probably be about a week long, and my recovery will probably take about 2 months. Hopefully, this timeline will allow me to go back to work in time for the new school year. Please help me pray for this next chapter in my recovery process, that all the details will work out. I know I'm in good medical hands, and I thank the Lord daily for this.
Thank you again for all of the encouragement you continue to give to our family. Have a great week.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment