Saturday, May 30, 2009

Update 5/30/09

Hi friends. It's been a very, very busy 2-3 weeks. May is always busy for everyone--end of the school year mayhem. As of yesterday, I am done with the school year until mid-August. Aaron has been home since Mother's day and Will got out of school yesterday as well. Chuck graduated his class of "5th year" apprentices last night, so today we're all catching our breath and happy that May is in it's last day!

Our preschool graduation was Thursday morning, and it was soooo very special. Our Room Moms Jen Gillum and Desirae Moffitt made a book for the teachers and parents about our school year. They made it in fairy tale form and titled it Hope for Kingsly Riverby-Hardwinkle (for those friends/family following this blog who are not from Hanford, Kings River-Hardwick is the name of our school). The book was about me getting cancer and having to leave the classroom last fall, and how Cheryl stepped up to run the classroom, and how Jocelyn stepped up to long-term sub for most of the year, and how the school year all worked out so nicely. They surprised us with it by reading it to everyone at the preschool graduation, and it was incredible! I had a good cry (many others did as well) and had a hard time getting through the rest of the graduation ceremony:). Jen and Desirae are incredibly talented women--this book is awesome. I'll never be able to thank them enough for what they did for Cheryl, Jocelyn, and me.

That goes for the rest of our parents also. It was a tough year, but all of the parents stepped up and gave a lot of extra support to the classroom throughout the year. They have all been such a blessing, and I am so grateful to all of them.

This next week will be spent getting ready for my next surgery, which is scheduled for a week from Tuesday. I'm excited to get it done, but I have to admit I'm not thrilled about having to go through the rigors of surgery again. Please pray for me for strength and endurance, and for my family who will have to put up with me during another recovery process. I'll let you know more details as I find them out.

Enjoy the beginning of summer, friends!
Love, Stacey

1 comment:

Fagundes' said...

Hi Stacey,

I can't believe school is out and it's summer time! It has been really nice talking to you the many times this past month that I've seen you. It's kind of weird for the last year I didn't run into anywhere and I see you at the baseball game and we have seen eachother again, very nice to visit and you are truly an inspiration. You have a great family and that is so very important. Keep me posted on your surgery as you will be in my prayers as well. Keep the faith and to be continued. Love ya, JoAnne