Monday, November 2, 2009

Update 11/1/09

Okay, so now it's been 3 weeks instead of 2 since my last post, so I guess I'm not doing any better about updating things. Work is busy, the kids are busy, life is busy! There's not a whole lot of new news to share, but I wanted to at least check in and let you know we're all doing okay.

Chuck has been gone on a few business trips the last few weeks, so it's been me and Will holding down the fort. He goes to Las Vegas for 3 days this week. After this trip, he'll be home for a while, so that will be good.

Will's plugging along with his knee therapy. We saw his surgeon last week for a follow up and he said Will's progressing well. He said the danger now is for Will to try to do too much too soon, as he is now walking around like normal and appears fine. Because of this normal appearance, the temptation will be for him to try to do too much. But the knee is still several months away from being healed, and the new tendon will be stretched/damaged if not allowed those months to heal properly. Dr. says he'll probably allow Will to start jogging in about 4 more weeks. So mean while, it's "hurry up and wait".

His football team is having a bad season, but we had a bright spot last Friday with a victory--our first in 6 weeks! The boys were quite happy--it was a good night, and so good to see them smile! They are such good kids--they keep battling even though things have been dismal. Their final league game is this Thursday--it's senior night, which will be bitter sweet for us. Will's last time on his high school field. And though he hasn't played all season, I'm so proud of him for being out there on the sidelines and at practice every day. I'm looking forward to being out there Thursday and cheering on our boys. And speaking of our boys, we're having them over to our house Wednesday night for one more pre-game team dinner. Last time we had them over, we fed them in the back yard. But now it's November, so we'll cram them all into the living room. It'll be a bit cozy, but it'll be fine. We truly enjoy having them over--they are a blessing in our lives.

Saturdays are still spent in LA at Occidental football games. We've had a great time going down to these games, and Aaron is having a great season. Two weeks ago, my cousins Margaret and Gary and JoAnn and Dave and daughter Emily and her friend all came to the game. Aaron's girlfriend Morgan also was there. We had such a great time catching up with all of them, and Aaron really appreciated them all being there to watch him play. Yesterday's game was a battle for first place in league, as both teams had been undefeated in league play up until last night. Unfortunately, Oxy lost, and therefore has dropped to 2nd place, which means our chances for going to the playoffs are now slim. To make matters worse, Aaron got injured in the 2nd quarter. He got a helmet in the knee (what is it with the Stanton boys and their knees this year?). It is just a deep muscle bruise, but as of today, his knee was still quite swollen and looked pretty ugly. The trainer says he'll be out for a few days to a week, depending on when the swelling goes down. He starts exercising it tomorrow, and is hoping to be back in time for next week's game.

As for my health, I'm plugging along also. Still getting tired easily, and still really frustrated over that! I really don't get much done that I want to get done, because it seems like all I do is stop and rest whenever I start something. Every afternoon after work is spent sleeping--as long as I don't have a dr. appt. or errands to run. I feel tired often, but I just have to get used to the fact that this is the way it is, and probably will be for a long time. October 17 was my one year anniversary of my surgery to remove my tumor--the surgery that saved my life. So I'll take being tired and frustrated for a while longer--and I'll be grateful at the same time. Thank you, Lord.

Oh, here's some fun news--Tuesday I have a hair cut appt! It'll be my first haircut in over a year! It won't be much of a cut, just mostly a shaping up and trimming. But that's okay--it's still a haircut!

Take care, friends, and have a great week.

Love, Stacey

2 comments:

Fagundes' said...

Well Hello there Miss Stacey!
Soooooo glad you posted I have been checking daily for the past week...LOL

Glad to hear everyone is getting better, staying healthy and just loving life!

Senior night I can't believe that, I remember the day Ronnie drafted him on Roberts Chevrolet (Yikes that was a little while ago wasn't it!), life seem simple then....

Wow a haircut that is such a great feeling isn't it. It doesn't seem like it's been a year time flies. I know at times you probably thought the day would never end or would there every be a light at the end of the tunnel and her it is BRIGHT and SHINNY, live is good!

Blaine and Ronnie are doing great. Still plugging along and healthy and that is all that matters. I'm busy at work too and just enjoying everyday and thanking God that it was a great day!

Take care my friend and keep the faith.

Love ya,
JoAnne

margaret said...

Hi Stacey - I wanted to comment to you sooner but, alas, my computer has been down and then Gary's almost died too. (He lost his hard drive so is trying to save his records). So we've been incommunicado.
How did it feel, getting a haircut? How did they fix it?
We're sorry to hear that Aaron got a helmet in the knee but expect that it's probably well by now.
Johnnie & Joe were here overnight last night so we had a good visit. Went out for Italian food and I'm still full from it. It was soooo good.
One week until Thanksgiving so we hope your family will all be together, along with Mary. Have a great holiday and be sure to tell us all about it.
Our love to you and your fabulous family.
xxooMargaret