Thursday, December 31, 2009

Update 12/31/09

Happy last day of 2009. Okay, so I didn't post again before Christmas. Time got away from me again--go fiigure. It has been a very busy Christmas season for us, and I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and write a little.



Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. We had a great day. Took my mom out to dinner Christmas Eve and opened gifts with her. She was in very good spirits. We had 32 guests for dinner Christmas Day and had a wonderful time. Mostly Chuck's family (cousins, aunts/uncles), and my mom, and our dear friends the Milhons. Everyone brought a dish, so the cooking part wasn't overwhelming for anyone (although Chuck's cousin Sharon ended up bringing a lot and doing much of the clean up afterward--thank you, Sharon--we so appreciate you!). It was a lovely day spent catching up with loved ones and enjoying the company. I was quite tired afterwards, but I did a better job of pacing myself this time, so at least I didn't end up in bed for 2 solid days afterward this time.



There was actually no time to rest after Christmas, because on the 26th we drove to Las Vegas for 3 days to visit my sister Diane and her family. Her kids and grandkids were all there having a family reunion, so we joined in for a couple of days. Hadn't seen my nephew's kids since they were little, and they're now 26 and 24, so it was great to catch up with them. My neice's kids are also both in their 20's, and it had been about 8 years or so since we've seen them, so that was also great. We stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton and did a little sight seeing. Aaron tried his hand at gambling, and Will didn't like the fact that you had to be 21 to do so. So he stood by and watched Aaron lose a little money instead. It was a fun time.



We are now home and trying to get a little rest and catch up with things before everyone goes back to work or school. Aaron goes back to LA this weekend. He doesn't start school until mid January, but he's going back early to start doing research for his senior project. Will and I both have one more week before going back. I'm going to atempt to get his bedroom painted--we'll see how that goes:).



My health is still the same. Had a colonoscopy on the 22nd, and the Dr. found no new cancer there--yippee! I do, however, have a stricture in my colon, caused by all the surgeries and the re-connect and all. I have to go back in 2 months to have that worked on again--oh joy.



Will got released to start jogging on a track or treadmill only, but still no sports for 5 more months. He's been going over to the high school track the last couple of days to try out his legs, and is seeing just how out of shape he is. It's going to be a long road back. I'm glad Aaron is home for a little while to work out with him and encourage him.



As 2009 comes to a close, my wish for each of you is for a happy and healthy 2010. May God continue to bless you and your families. We continue to be amazed by God's grace and His blessings in our lives, and we are grateful. Happy New Year everyone.

2 comments:

Fagundes' said...

Hello there Miss Stacey!

What a nice visit I had with you the other day! You are such an inspiration that is for sure...Hopefully you had a great first week back to school and everything is going smoothly. This second semester for some reason seens to go by faster than the first so the next thing we know it will be spring break!

Ronnie and I are headed to Long Beach on Thursday for a t-shirt show so I'm looking forward to that. By then I will need a little sun as they say it's supposed to rain all week. I know we need it but not all at once...LOL

Hopefully everyone your way is doing well. We are all fine on my end.

I had a few minutes before having to print shirts with Ronnie so I thought I would drop you a line.

Love ya,
JoAnne

margaret said...

Stacey - Is everyone ok? We need a report. Hope Aaron isn't affected too much by the heavy rains. His location gets more rain than ours does. Tell him to keep safe. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love ya, Margaret