Hello friends. Yes, I am still here and I must apologize for not posting for over a month now. It's been a combination of being really busy, being really tired, and not having any real news to share.
We're all back to our regular schedules now after the holidays (yes, I know the holidays were over more than a month ago, but, hey, I'm a little slow). We've been staying pretty close to home the last few weeks with all the rain, and I don't know about all of you, but I'm ready for some sunshine.
Aaron went back to LA right after new years to begin working on his senior project. He's researching the history of the LA water system for his project, and is finding plenty of info on this topic--he's enjoying the process. Hard to believe he'll be graduating in just 3 months!
He's getting a lot of rain in his area. The house he lives in is far enough away from the mud slides, but one of his room mates is from La Canada--thankfully his family's home is fine.
Will is busy as usual. His knee is improving. He is running a couple of miles most days and trying to get back into shape. His Dr. is going to allow him to run on the track team on a modified basis, beginning mid-March. Will is trying to participate in any sport possible since he's been unable to do anything sports-wise since Auust. Dr. said absolutely no baseball because of the twisting/pivoting/sliding/etc., so Will asked if he could at least do track? Dr. said okay, as long as he only ran on an all-weather track (no dirt, grass, pavement), and he stuck to races longer than sprints, and no field events (jumping, throwing). He's looking forward to finally being able to do a little more than sit on the sidelines. Ah, those life-lessons.
He's also busy with college visits and waiting on acceptance letters, and doing all the busy stuff that goes along with that last semester of high school. Hard to believe he'll also be graduating in just 3+ months.
Chuck is busy with work and trying to do some projects around the house, which just frustrates him--you know, there's always something:). He's also working with the dogs as much as possible to try and get them to behave better. They are sweet, but they are still in that puppy-hyperness and chewing everything stage. They are both a year old now--and act just like toddlers:).
No new news on my health. I've been so tired lately--seems even more so than usual. I'm not sleeping well and that makes it worse. I have good days and bad days. Dr. says that may just be the way it is for me for awhile. It's frustrating, but all I can do is the best I can do. I had a second colonoscopy last week to stretch out the stricture in my colon caused from scar tissue after my colon re-connect surgery. All went well there, and I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 2 years if all stays stable.
My next three month check up with Dr. Box is next week. We are praying for continued good news there. I'll let you know--and won't wait another month to post next time:). Thanks for hanging in there with me, friends. Take care.
Love,
Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Stacey!
Happy Valentine's Day and many many more!
Glad to hear everything is going smoothly with you and your family.
Everyone here is doing well. Ronnie and I went to Pomona for the Drag Races Thurs-Friday. We had a good time. Usually I don't go but Steve Dias couldn't go with Ronnie and I didn't want him going by himself so I decided to take vacation and go with him. The weather was awesome 80 degrees. I thought I was having a major hot flash one morning and realized that I was sun burnt...LOL Gotta love life!
Well better go, keep the faith.
Love ya,
JoAnne
Post a Comment