Yep, I am still alive, and nope, I did not break both arms, preventing me from typing for the last 6 weeks. I have just been busy living! Very,very busy, and it has been a good busy.
It's that time of year...school year is coming to a close for all of us and there is much going on. Will finally made his college decision and Occidental, it is! He got a nice partial scholarship and will play on the football team, provided his dr. clears him for full contact sports. He will major in either kinesiology (for pre-physical therapy)or math (for teaching), and will use the first year of college to figure that out. He has been busy with all the end of year events of a high school sr. and will graduate June 3. Track season ended yesterday with the area meet, and he did well. He progressed throughout the season, and it has been fun watching him get stronger and better and back to his old competitive self. He's been busy the last 2 weeks with AP tests and getting ready for final projects. Now he just needs to find a summer job:).
Aaron graduates in 3 days! We are going down to LA Saturday morning for Baccaluareat and an athletics luncheon for srs. and their families. And his graduation is Sunday morning. He's quite excited and so are we. First in the family to finish a bachelor's degree. We couldn't be prouder.
He will go back next year to get his teaching credential and master's degree, so he's not really done yet. But we're celebrating this milestone for now!
I've been busy with all the end of year stuff at my job, as well as keeping up with Will and Aaron and all their stuff. We've got the 2 graduations to get through and we're planning a party for the both of them in June. Chuck is also busy with his end of year stuff at his job, getting his students ready to graduate as well. So it has been kinda crazy around here.
I have no new health news to report. All my blood tests are still coming back normal, and it sure feels good to say that! I'm actually starting to get a little bit of energy back, and boy, it sure feels good to say that too! I'm taking more vitamins and that seems to be helping. My colon problems are still not improving. I'm on a crazy fiber regimen that isn't doing what it's supposed to do, but Dr. Hashim is still telling me to give it more time...so, that's what I'll do. I have another colonoscopy in June, so we'll see what that turns up. My next 3 month check up is also in June, so I'll let you know those results when I get them.
I will try to do a better job of keeping this blog current (I know, I've said that before). Thank you, friends, for the love and support that you continue to give to me and my family. You are appreciated!
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Stacey - Whew! What a lot of excitement in your family. So you'll continue making trips to Occidental. I sure hope we can come to more games now that Will will be on the football team. We'll try to keep track of them from the website and will check with you when we're able to come. It'll be fun for both boys to be there at the same time.
It's so good to hear that your tests are good also. Keep it up, girl!
We think of you a lot. Give our love to your whole family and don't forget to remember me to Mary.
Love ya, Margaret
Well Hello Stacey,
I hope all is well with you. I'm sitting here thinking how wonderful you must feel to be at Will's graduation tonight. You and Chuck have to be beaming as I'm sure you were with Aaron's in May. Wow I can't beleive how time flies, it seems just like yesterday we were going to Will's 8th grade and Aaron's high school, tell me it isn't so....
It has been sooooo nice seeing you these past few much at HOW. Isn't that a great group of women.
As always you are on my mind and in my prayers and I just wish you all a great night at HWHS gradauation...
Love ya,
JoAnne
Post a Comment