Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update March 31, 2010

Hi friends. It's spring break, yippee! I haven't gotten anything accomplished so far this week, other than catching up on a little sleep. Tomorrow I go to Selma for a blood test and then I am going home and cleaning out a closet or two. That will probably tire me out for the day, but at least it's something:).

Will went to the coast today to camp with friends--hopefully he won't get rained on, although I think I'm the only one concerned about that--he says it's no big deal. He was looking forward to the trip, and he called me earlier today to report in--they got there and got a campsite and got the tent up, so all is well.

Chuck brought home 2 stray cats (large kittens, actually) from work. They had been hanging around the office for the last few months, and so Chuck had been feeding them and trying to get them tame. The mama cat had disappeared a few weeks ago, so Chuck felt sorry for them. He finally caught them last week and brought them home, which just cracks me up. So if anyone wants a cat, please call me! We really don't need 2 more cats to go along with the 3 we already have--not to mention the 2 dogs:).

Dr. Hashim called me last week to let me know her findings. She said my colon is "fairly normal" for what all I've been through. She doesn't think another surgery will be necessary (thank you, Lord). My intestinal problems aren't getting any better, but she wants me to increase my fiber intake to see if that helps. I've tried that previously to no avail, but she wants me to give it another try. So that's what I'll do. It's quite frustrating, but my options are limited, so I just have to keep trying...and be patient, ugh!

Aaron will be coming home Saturday for Easter. We're going to Chuck's cousin Sharon's for dinner Sunday. Mom's going with us and is excited about that. It will be good to see everyone. Will is getting his sr. pictures taken on Monday, and then it's back to school and work for us both on Tuesday.

We wish you all a very blessed Easter, friends.

Love,
Stacey

1 comment:

Karen G. said...

Hey Stacey!

That is wonderful news that the scans are clear...God is so good.

Was at a little league game tonight and was told it was William that was the home plate umpire. Where has the time gone...he's all grown up!! Have to ask him about climbing the backstop to retrieve his mask :-)

Take care and think of you and your family often...