Hi. I've had a pretty good week. Tomorrow morning is round 4 of chemo already. It kind of snuck up on me this time. My white count was back up to 3.6 as of Wednesday, so I'm good to go for chemo this time without another blood test. Dr. Box-Noriega does want to see me before I start treatment tomorrow to see about the numbness in my limbs. If it's too bad, she may slow down my chemo dosage. It hasn't felt as bad to me this week as last week, so I hope we don't have to slow anything down.
I went to the American Cancer Society Hanford office today to check out their resources and turn in some mileage forms. They help pay for some mileage to and from Dr. appts., which is a wonderful thing--I'm so glad my neighbor Debra told me about it and brought me the forms. They are having a class Monday morning about make-up and feeling/looking good during chemo, so I signed up for that. Hopefully I won't be having side effects from tomorrow's chemo so that I can go.
JoAnne F., thanks for the ovarian cancer website address. I checked it out and there is some good info on there. I can't believe how much about this illness I still don't know--I'm learning more stuff about it wherever I turn and wherever I go.
Take care, everyone. Thank you again for all of your prayers.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Stacey,
I'm so glad you posted your picture on the web, very cute I might add!
I hope your treatment went well and you got some good news on the numbness that you have been experiencing.
Ronnie and I just got back from Long Beach for our annual embroidery/silkscreening conference. It's always the 3rd weekend in January. We left on Wednesday and went to see the show The Doctor's being filmed it was awesome. Not sure if I told you about it but it's on Channel 47 at 4:00 M-F. It's very informational. I put it taping on my DVR and watch it in the evenings after dinner, etc., It must be a pretty good show because Ronnie even watches int with me! Sometimes the topics are real personal but very good, but it's like anythine else you can always fast forward to the next topic! We went to the conference on Thurs & Friday and came home late last night. It has the lastest and greatest new clothing that is coming out for 2009 and informative tips on the other things.
I went to do the mom things this am and now I'm back to do my things you know the usual laundry and cleaning house, when I twinkled my nose this morning nothing happened so I guess that means I have to do it myself! Ha! Ha!
Well better go, take care and I'm glad your counts are up and you are chipper as usual.
Take care,
JoAnne
Hi Stacey & Family,
We're home! Five states, over 2700 miles in 6 days and beautiful weather- doesn't get better than that. Got to get a grandkid fix and of course we allowed them to do anything they wanted, eat whatever they wanted and then gave them back to their parents. It's nice to be on this side of child rearing.
I know you had chemo yesterday and hopefully the side effects are minimal. I'm back in town for quite awhile so if you need anything, please let me know.
I talk to Margaret Hanline often and she is always asking about you and of course she has you on her daily prayer list. She is an awesome prayer warrior that is for sure.
Take care of yourself and know that there are MANY of us thinking of you.
***Karen
Loved the picture – you wear the Sinead O'Connor look very well.
Post a Comment