2009! Four days into the new year and it (2009) still seems strange to say and write. Happy New Year everyone! Hope your new year is starting off well.
Ours started off very quietly. The boys each had shindigs to go to, so Chuck and I stayed home--I was still tired from Christmas, and didn't feel like doing anything. There was an "Elf" movie marathon on tv, so we watched parts of that a few times (I love that movie), both ended up falling asleep before midnight, woke up just in time to turn the channel and watch the times square ball drop, and then we were back asleep by 12:15am. Pretty exciting, huh!
I'm still fighting fatigue. I had chemo Friday (Jan.2nd), but almost was sent home because my white count was still low. After my 1st chemo, my white count had dropped below normal for a few days, then came back up a few days later and I was good until the next chemo, which is the normal procedure. This time, however, my white count dropped about a week after my 2nd chemo and stayed low for almst 2 weeks. They made me take a blood test 1 hour before this last chemo (1/2/09) and fortunately my white count had come up to a level of 3.5, which is the lowest end of normal enough for them to administer the chemo. Thank you again, Lord! I just want to stay on the schedule, because if I have to postpone a dose, then it puts the rest of the doses behind, which puts recovery behind, etc.
Side effects so far from this last chemo are just more fatigue and jittery-ness. I've also developed numbness in my left arm, hand, and foot. My dr. says that is normal with chemo, and it may be temporary or it could be permanent. He says nerve damage is common and all part of the side effects of the particular chemo that I'm on. So now I must pray for these side effects to be temporary. I ask that you help me pray for this too--thank you for continuing to pray for me!
Through it all, God continues to provide, and I am thankful for how far He has brought me, and am assured that He will be right there in front of me for the rest of this journey. I am truly blessed.
For all of you sending your kids back to school tomorrow morning, enjoy the day! For all of my teacher friends who are going back to work tomorrow morning, also enjoy the day! And for all of you Lemoore teachers who have one more week off, I know you'll enjoy the day!
God Bless 2009!
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy New Year to you also Friend!
You've made me smile... yes, I was already smiling, but it felt good to have someone else know that I had 1 MORE WEEK OF VACATION!!
Ha- I love that and can't wait to take the boys back to school and daycare tomorrow. There's just some things that I can't get done with them behind me... but you know that all too well since yours were little once too.
Had a quiet New Years ourselves, I think once you decide that getting drunk and impressing people isn't all that it's cracked up to be, staying at home is the best place to be. We took the boys bowling early and had pizza- home by 8pm and got to bed early.
Glad to hear that you got the round of Chemo in, but sorry to hear that you are fighting the white count numbers! Is there any way to combat that or is it just a thing that the body does? We'll continue to pray for you and add that the numbness goes away for you- hey, you're a lefty, how is that numbness working for you?
:-) Stacy C. and family
Happy New Year Stacy & Family -
Good news to hear that you were able to continue with treatments. I thought about you a lot that day. Did you get your Benadryl nap?
We also had an exciting New Years. Dinner at BURGER KING, a movie and then we watched Dick Clark. The party animal in me still lives...yep..sure does.
We're taking off to go to Colorado to visit Jeff's daughter Corey & her family in about 10 days. Our oldest grandson is turning 5 so we will be gone for about a week. Let me know if there is anything you need. Take care and get lots of rest.
**Karen
Happy New Year!! Thinking of you / praying for you.
--Bonnie Montgomery
New Years eve Elf marathon! You two are the exciting couple! HA!
Isn't the body an amazing thing? "Wonderfully made" as the psalmist says. That it can withstand all that poison and continue to try to adapt and normalize itself. It just amazes me, thank you Lord.
Let's pray that numbness away this week. You are a tough cookie Stanton!
Take care.
Post a Comment