Hi friends. I'm in Sacramento waiting for surgery tomorrow. Chuck and I got up here this afternoon--had my pre-op appt. with Dr. Skilling at 1:30, and my anesthesiologist appt. at 2:50, followed by a chest x-ray (I'm on the tail end of a cold, so Dr. wanted a chest x-ray to make sure my lungs were clear for surgery--just a precaution), blood work, and a trip to the pharmacy to pick up the "colon-prep drink"--yuck.
Surgery is scheduled for 1:30 tomorrow afternoon, so we check in to the hospital at noon. The surgery should take a few hours, so Chuck should have results by evening. Knowing how I react to anesthesia, I probably won't be coherent until Wednesday:). I will probably be in the hospital for 5-7 days, as they want to monitor the reattachment for a few days to make sure it stays reattached. Recovery should take about 8 weeks.
I'm so grateful to be healthy enough to get this procedure done--it's such a positive step in my recovery process. It may sound silly, but it sure feels good to have at least this one thing in my medical chart to be able to get back to normal! Back in October, Dr. didn't know whether re-attaching my colon would be possible--so the fact that we're able to do this now is VERY encouraging. Thank you, Lord, for one more answered prayer!
Thank you, as always, for your prayers, friends. Please help us pray for surgery to be successful tomorrow, as well as the details of recovery--pain, nausea, dizziness--all those lovely side effects that I struggled with last time. At least a blood clot should not be a problem this time, as I've been on blood thinners since my last clot after surgery last Oct. I went off of the thinner last week so my blood would not be too thin for surgery, but they will put me back on it within a day or two after surgery, to prevent another clot from forming.
God is SO good, and I am leaning on Him, resting in the palm of His hand.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Stacey-Spoke with KarenG. over the weekend. WOW!!! I wish you a speady recovery! You are in my prayers everynight and everyday. I will look for a posting from you when you are home and well enough to take a phone call. Please know that you are being hugged (gently) and if you need any help-I would come in a heart-beat. Love ya!!!
Stacey - You're in our thoughts today and you're in our prayers today. We're sure that all will go well but will anxiously wait to hear from someone. Today is a big step in the right direction. We love you and your family. xxooMargaret
Praying for you and family Stacey. Love you girl!
Post a Comment