Hi friends. It was so nice to read your comments about your Christmas events. Sounds like special times all around. Tina, I'm so sorry about your dad's accident, but am so grateful they were not hurt. Please know he's in my prayers. I'm so grateful for a very special Christmas also. We had 34 for dinner (a few more than Thanksgiving) and an additional 6 for dessert. Lots of family and friends--my mom, Chuck's mom, Chuck's aunts Clara and Mary, his brother Ted and his sister Terri and family, his cousins Sharon and Tim and Gloria and Tom their families, and dear friends the Banuelos' and the Milhons. My nephew Sam got the flu Christmas eve so he wasn't able to make it. We missed him, but with my white blood cell count low, I was appreciative that he stayed home and that he called to check with me before deciding whether or not to come over.
Everyone brought food so the work wasn't bad for any one family. I don't feel like I worked real hard, but I sure was tired the next day. I've pretty much done nothing but lay around since Christmas day--it's been a struggle to get my energy back up. Yesterday I finally got out and ran some errands and today Chuck's mom and sis came over so I got out some and am feeling a little more like myself again. Tomorrow I go to Fresno for a Dr. appt. and pre-chemo blood tests, and Friday it's time for another dose of chemo (it doesn't seem like it's been 3 weeks already, but it has). Please help me pray for good side-effects control again. Last time wasn't so bad, and I'm sure praying for the same result this time.
My oncologist is leaving Kaiser to do a fellowship--now I can't remember where he told me it was--but it sounded important:). I will meet my new oncologist at my 1st appt. with her next week. One of the hospital nurses that works on the oncology floor told me she is very good and the patients seem to like her.
Will had a soccer game tonight--his 1st one since getting Dr.s clearance. They played Tulare Western and got beat 5-0 (ouch!). Will got to play quite a bit though, and he felt good about being back in the game. Chuck and Aaron went, but I stayed home because of the cold and my white count dipping low as of yesterday's blood test.
I can't believe tomorrow is New Year's Eve already. I do have to say that I'm ready to say good-by to 2008, as it's been a most challenging year for our family, to say the least. I am looking forward to 2009 being a year of restoration--of health, joy, and of being able to focus on just what is really important in this life. My prayer for each of you is that 2009 will be filled with love and joy for each of your families and loved ones. Happy New Year everyone and God Bless!
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Go to bed mom...please. Goodnight :)
Hello,
I just typed a long comment and somehow lost it..Just got your blog finally:-) Glad to hear you had a great Christmas and your treatments are going better for you. Your spirit and faith are remarkable. Keep it up..God has a plan...
Anyway, I am also looking forward to saying goodbye to 2008. It was an awful year for us. We are looking forward to 2009. It has been crazy with everything this year..but after going to Womens Camp and seeing Fireproof I had a change in heart. Eddie and I began talking again and decided to work on things. I move back with the boys and it has been great for all of us. Still have a lot to work through but life is short and we still care for each other. I can't hold grudges and be angry..need to forgive and know that I am not in control of things. Continue to pray for my family as we continue to pray for yours...
Anyway, work has been alright. Fourth grade isn't so bad..17 students:)Would like to still get on at KRH so keep me posted...even maybe part time so I could be with my guys more. Elliot still has a hard time with me not being there for him sometimes. Garret loves Miss Lenie and Miss Jessica. Elliot is doing so well in Mrs. Domingos class. He is reading at a third grade level! Amazing and crazy..
We do have our roles reversed and things have changed a lot. Eddie finishes breakfast and takes boys to school, picks them up, does naps, laundry, cleans house, and has dinner made by the time I get home. He now sees all the things I used to do..we took each other for granted. He is working on loans at the house and might take a culinary class in Jan.
Anyway, hope you have a great appt. and treatment this week. Happy New Years and God Bless You..miss you
Janene Martin
Hello Friend!
Happy New Year to you. Prayers for continued good spirits and good test results. We miss seeing you around school... Tanner talks about you often.
:-) Stacy C. and family
Hi Stacey!
I enjoy reading about your progress and love your positive attitude. You are my hero!!! We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Steve, Linda, Maureen, Laine & Hans
Hi Stacey!
Just got back from the coast, check the email and seen that you updated which is alway pleasant I might say!
I hope your chemo went well on Friday. I'm like you I can't believe 3 weeks already passed. You are have way there, keep the faith. You are always so possitive and that is what it takes. You are truly an inpiration.
Sounds like you had a great Christmas and we can only pray for a prosper New Year. Hopefully yours went well. We had a nice New Years and looking forward to 2009. I can't believe it's here and 2008 has gone, but it seems that time has been flying by and we need to cherish each and every day we have with our families. Life is full of surprises we just have to be ready for them. I just take day by day and thank god everyday my feet hit the ground!
Well better to the laundry is still waiting for me and I don't want to be doing it all night. Take care my friend, to be continued.
JoAnne
Hello,
Glad to hear you like your new doctor. That is important to be able to trust someone. It will make things easier to know they have the answers to your questions.
Being left handed too, it would drive me crazy to have numbness. Praying that goes away for you.
Hope you are able to stay on schedule with the 3 more chemo sessions. Praying for the white counts to stay up.
Keep the faith and remember to rest...you are going through a lot and things can wait...do not forget to ask for help too:)
Janene
Post a Comment