Hi friends. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Oh, I guess this update is actually 12/18 instead of 12/17, since it's after midnight. The house is finally quiet, and Will is finally off the computer (he was writing an essay for a final), so now it's my turn to use the computer, since everyone else is in bed.
Chemo session number 2 is officially done. Two down, four to go. I didn't post anything the last few days because I wasn't feeling that great and I just didn't get around to it. However, I do have some very thankful news: I haven't had any dizzy spells this time, and I haven't vomited either (so far:). Praise the Lord! This time I've just felt really tired, had some stomach aches here and there, and the most pronounced side effect has been that I've felt jittery for some reason. It's the same kind of jittery as when you know you've had too much caffeine. Kinda weird, but I do have to remember that my body is being injected with some pretty crazy chemicals, so maybe being jittery is just part of it. I'll ask my Dr. about it at my next appt. and let you know what he says. I'm finding the best cure for these jitters is to get up and do something--takes my mind off of it. I took a walk around the block yesterday during a jittery episode, and that helped alot. Hmmmm, maybe God's just trying to tell me I need to start exercising! (Yes, Leslie Simon, I know you like hearing me say that:). Leslie is my friend who is convinced that I need to start running again. I keep telling her I'm not 20 anymore, but she doesn't think that's much of an excuse. She said she'll be my personal trainer once I'm done with chemo and so I told her I'll give it a try once I get to feeling better on a regular basis. I'm so excited about the idea of getting my health back that I'll even try exercising again!
Here it it Dec. 17, I mean 18, and the Stanton's are just getting their tree up. Pitiful. Aaron got the outside lights up over the weekend, and dug all the decorations out of the attic, but here it is Wed. night and we just got the tree into the house (we got it the weekend after Thanksgiving, and it had been sitting in a bucket of water in the back yard ever since). At this rate I might get my Christmas cards out by Feb., but if I think about it, I don't think I've gotten Christmas cards out by Christmas for several years now....and I kinda like the idea of "New Year Cards" anyway. So that's my new excuse.
Will goes in for an xray Friday afternoon after his last final at school. He's praying that his lung will finally be healed. Aaron's also praying for it to be healed so that Will can help him with the chores around the house and yard:) . I'm praying for it to be healed because I'm sad for my very active boy who has been going stir-crazy the last month with no sports. We just have to remember God has a plan (17 year olds hate hearing that:)
Oh, I got a new cell phone (finally!). Most of you probably know this already, but my cell phone got stolen from my hospital room in Sacramento (somebody had a lot of nerve). I just finally got around to getting it replaced, so I am available by cell once again. Same number I had before--816-7007.
My hair loss has slowed down. Still disappearing, but not at quite the fast rate it was last week. It does look bad enough now that I don't go outside without my head being covered. I'm going to go in and get it buzzed off here in a few days--I'm tired of cleaning up hair all over the house!
Better go, it's getting very late. Write in and let me know about your Christmas plans and such. I love hearing about your comings and goings--this blog doesn't always have to be only about me and cancer, you know:).
Praising God for no vomiting!
Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hello Friend!
So glad to hear that your spirits are up!! The family is heading to the Grand Canyon via plane tomorrow to ride the Polar Express Train... what an adventure! Tanner is very excited for both plane and train, but Landon is very 'sceerd' and doesn't even want to go! We'll be home just before Christmas- all gifts are bought and wrapped- just a small dinner on Christmas Eve at home and those special gifts are all that need to be organized! Just finished packing and I think I've got enough bribes to get us through the trip.
School is out tomorrow for us and I am so excited about that... love those kids, but very ready for a break from them. So glad to hear that you got to visit with your little ones last week... there's nothing like their funny stories to get you through the day!
Off for now- Stacy and Family
Hi there... glad to hear that you are doing well. We have been praying for you.
Christmas presents are still in the closet. Maybe I'll have them wrapped by Christmas. If not then Santa will bring them all and we will just call it good. The kids are thrilled about school being out. I think Austin has been counting it down since Thanksgiving. Me on the other hand..I am filled with joy for no getting out in the early morning fog but I must admit a little anxiousness on how to keep my four wonderful children from fighting all day. They really are wonderful but they really do seem to fight all day. Oh well. I will miss all the noise one day so I should watch my complaining. :)
That is all for now...Take care.
Hi Stacey - I'm so glad to hear that this round of chemo hasn't been too bad so far. I meant to write after hearing about your hair loss and share with you about my mom's hair loss. Her's came out completely in one day. She called Aunt Shorty (your Granny) and told her it fell out and Aunt Shorty asked what she did with it. Lorabelle said she flushed it down the toilet. Aunt Shorty came unglued. "Oh my land. Lordy me. You'll plug up the toilet". Can't you just hear her? She was worried more about the toilet than the hair.
I was hesitant to tell you things like that but Johnnie says you'll be interested so if you don't want to hear it, just tell me so. OK?
We had one part of Gary's family here for dinner Tuesday evening and you were remembered in "grace" at our table. We pray every day but that was just a bit special. I'm really enjoying your blog now that I got registered and all. I have a friend who is also fighting this cancer thing and I told her she needed to set up a blog like yours. I hope she does. Anyway, you're doing so well. Keep it up. We love you and your family. xxooMargaret
Oh yeah girl you are going to run....someday. Your personal trainer "Helga" has a stress fracture and is hobbling around in a walking cast so you get a little time off, but it's coming. I know you can run, I remember how speedy you used to be. Can't fool us! Stanton used to be pretty good too as I recall.
I seem to remember my buddy Jeff having that jitter thing with the chemo. I think it messes with your nervous system a bit. Sounds like overall it is going a little better this time.
Tell Chuck I'm getting to his appraisal soon. Don't fire me!
Our boys should be home tonight of in the morning so the holiday starts then.
See ya Stantons! Tim
Hello Stacey,
I'm so glad you updated your blog, I was getting kind of worried about you!
I am very happy to here that this time around you didn't all of the yucky stuff like before.
I hope Will's dr. appt. went well and he is ready to rock. Hopefully Aaron is finished with your xmas requests, and I'm sure Chuck is keeping your spirits up along with the boys!
Well I guess I will hit the stores this weekend and "start" my Christmas shopping.....I know, I know, what am I thinking....well I'm not! I know that Christmas is on the 25th every year, but for some reason this one snuck up on me! I know what I want it's just a matter of if they still have it when I get there!
Can you believe the 1st semester of school is overwith as of today...where has the time gone? Blaine finished night school last night and was thrilled. He went Monday-Thursday this semester but next he will only go Monday & Wednesday so he is excited about that. The COS Vocational Center will open for the start of the second semester so that is exciting.
Not too much going on for xmas. We go to Ronnie's side on Eve and mine on Day. Blaine opens his on Christmas morning. We usually do the midnight mass thing so we fulfill out "church duties", which is always a good thing.
Ronnie's stitching hats and I was doing Spy invoices but thought I would take a break to write so I guess I better go out there and do a little as well.
Take care Stanton Family,
Love, The Fagundes'
Hi Stacey
Very glad to hear that this round of side effects are a little more tolerable, we will continue to lift you prayer.
We'll be headed to my mother's for Christmas Eve and stay home on Christmas day. My father will be coming in on Christmas day from Yreka for a few days. It will be nice to see him as he continues to struggle alot with the loss of his leg and I do worry about him. I know being here will be good for him.
May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Tina
MERRY CHRISTMAS STANTON'S!
Just wanted to wish The Stanton's a Very Merry Christmas! God Bless
Love Ya,
Ronnie, JoAnne & Blaine
Post a Comment