Monday, November 10, 2008

Update 11/10/08

Hi friends. It's Monday. William just got home from school and is sitting here with me--he says hi. I'm feeling better every day, moving around a little easier, getting an appetite back, and God is providing for each need as it comes up.

I ventured out to Will's football game on Friday night in Visalia. It was soooo good to get out and do something normal! We borrowed a wheel chair from Chuck's aunt (thank you, Aunt Clara) because of the amount of walking involved--I didn't want to over-do before I even got to my seat:) It was Will's last game of the season, so of course I had to go and see our Husky boys one last time this year. We got beat by a lot, but that's okay. It was just so good to see our boys on the field again! Keep your heads up Huskies--we'll get 'em next year!

Will got banged around a lot Fri. night, and he ended up with a "slight puncture" in his left lung due to getting hit by a helmet in his side/chest (no cracked ribs though--thank you Lord). He and Chuck were at the Dr. twice over the weekend getting x-rays and getting checked out. The Dr. said it will probably heal on its own, but Will is to have no physical activity for at least a week, and they'll do another x-ray Friday to see how it's progressing. So the Stanton family is certainly thankful for our health insurance these days:)

Tomorrow Chuck and I go to chemo class to find out what to expect during the whole chemo process. I have lots of questions that I hope to get answered--I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for all of your posts. What a great surprise to hear from you, Rebecca! Oh my goodness, we do have some catching up to do! Give us a call sometime--we still have the same old phone number (559) 584-0305.

Have a great day, friends, and God Bless you all.

Love, Stacey

5 comments:

Tim Simon said...

William, Stanton men are a sturdy lot and you will heal up soon I'm sure. In the mean time, stay out of mosh pits and avoid cage fighting. Same advice to Stacey. Chuck you are medically clear for cage fighting, if desired.

Hang in there Stantons!

Tim

celia said...

Hi Stacy,
I am so glad you were able to get out and do something fun! Sorry to hear about William. I hope he is feeling better soon. I am keeping you all in my prayers.
Take care & God Bless,
Celia

Fagundes' said...

Hi Miss Stacey!
OMG I just heard the news! I don't know what to say other than you are in our prayers. You are such a strong and spunky individual and that is what is going to get you through this ordeal. You have strong family and friend support which is very powerful. I know you have alot going on but I would love to visit when the time is right. You are a great friend and I always love when we run into eachother. Alot to catch up on, but we will do just that when time permits. Tell the boys that Ronnie say HI, he talks about them often. Chuck is a great husband and will be your backbone. I can go on and on, but I will drop you lines so you know that we are here. Take care my friend. Love Ya, The Fagundes' Ronnie, JoAnne and Blaine

Mary said...

Stacey you looked so good this afternoon. You have gotten your sparkle back in your eyes!!! We will be praying for you tomorrow as you begin chemo. You are such a blessing to have as a friend. I know you will be blessing other chemo patients with your positive attitude and encouraging comments.

God Bless you dear friend!!!
Mary Stryd

It's so nice to see all of the comments from friends far and near. Speaking of that -
Beckie - email me calinuts@comcast.net

celia said...

Hi Stacy,
I am so glad to hear that the chemo went ok and hopefully after you wrote you didn't get sick! Well, I probably won't get the "biggest loser" ornament from Dee next month at Bonko cuz you haven't been there to help me with that, ha ha ha!!! Oh well, there's always next year. I hope you feel up to being there in December because we miss you! Anyway, I am so sorry you are going through this... But I know you will be better soon! =)

Much love,
Celia