Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Update 11/4/08

Hi friends, it's me Stacey again. I returned home from my 2nd hospital stay Sunday evening, 11/2. I went in on Fri. 10/31 because of a fluid build up in my abdomen. They performed a procedure on me Sunday to drain the fluid out, and it turned out there was no infection there after all, but just clear fluid built up after surgery. Praise God for answered prayer!

Because I was able to come home Sunday evening, we were able to keep our follow up appt. in Sacramento with my surgeon yesterday, Mon. 11/4--another answered prayer. So here is some new news:
  • the cancer is definitely ovarian cancer, not colon cancer
  • the cancer in my right ovary is what invaded my colon
  • the cancer in my left ovary is a different kind of cancer than my right ovary
  • the cancer in my endometrium is yet a different cancer than either of my ovaries
  • so, my situation is "highly unusual"
  • weird, huh? Yes, my surgeon said the same thing, only using more doctorish words :)
  • all of the lymph nodes removed during surgery came back negative for cancer
  • my surgeon is happy with the report, and so are we

So, what's next? Recovering from surgery and getting started with chemo. I have an appt. with my oncologist in Fresno tomorrow, 11/5 to discuss chemo, when we might get started, and all of those details. Please continue to pray for this next step of the journey, that things will go well and smooth.

Once again, I can't thank you enough for your continued prayers for me. God is hearing them, and responding to them, as He is getting me through this whole thing, one day at a time. So my family and I thank you for continuing to pray.

Love, Stacey

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We are so happy you are home and you have some results. It is so hard not knowing what you are dealing with. Now you have a plan and can tackle it head on! We will continue to pray for you and your family!
Love the Askins

Teri Boggess said...

Hello Stacey: Meredith and I have been praying for you and hope that you have a fast recovery and healing. If there is anything that you need/want, please call me @ 309-4808. We are just a few blocks away! Know that you are loved and cared for. Love, Teri & Meredith Boggess