Hi friends. Today is Friday, and God is Good! (not just because it's Friday--He's good the rest of the week too:). I'm now three weeks out of surgery, and I'm starting to feel pretty decent! Still learning to not do too much--ooh, such a hard lesson for me. I went to the oncologist on Wed 11/5 and it was a long afternoon. I was wiped out by the end of the day--so once again, I am reminded I have to pace myself.
The oncologist visit was to get chemo details. I'm starting chemo Friday 11/21 at Kaiser Fresno. It will be a 3-4 hour process once every three weeks. At this time, I'm scheduled for 6 treatments--so it'll be about a 4-5 month thing. And then we'll see where I'm at and go from there.
I go to a chemo class next Tues. (2 hr. class) to get more details of what to expect, how to deal with stuff, etc. Then next Wed. I go in to have a procedure done where they put a port in me as an entry point for the chemo.
So, what I need to do now is get my strength up for chemo, which means eat, walk, and rest. Please help me pray for this next leg of the process--that all goes well.
Thank you all again for all the love and help. I love reading your comments--they are all SO encouraging and fun for me to read. Thank you also, always for your prayers.
Love, Stacey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey Stacey, you take it easy and get strong. The Simon's are praying for the Stanton's and please let us know if you need anything. Tim
Hi Stacey,
I'm so glad to hear you are progressing to nicely! Let me know when you are ready to do some WALKING!!
Leslie
P.S. Enjoy the walking because as soon as you get the green light you are SO running with me!
Hi Friend
I think It's Friday isn't enough... don't you always say YA HOO DAY!
We are praying for you- and wanting you to get better!
I am on your list for Chemo days if you would like someone to take you. Let me know!
:-) Stacy C.
Hi Stacey
It was GREAT to have you back under Friday night lights tonight cheering on our boys.
You are lifted up daily in my prayers for continued strength and healing.
Tina
Stacey,
Greetings from Bellingham, Washington! It's been about 12 years...the Sparks' and Feaver's are praying for you and your family! Boy do we have some catching up to do...and many stories to tell about God's healing love. Please give Chuck and the boys...okay "men" our love and hugs!
His strength is perfect!
A chemo class...what a great idea! Just remember to take one day at a time and always look for God's little (& big!)daily miracles.
Post a Comment