Monday, November 24, 2008

Update 11/24/08

Well, the side effects have made their unwelcome arrival...the hurling has begun. I guess I bragged too soon about it not being so bad. I don't think it would be as bad if the dizziness weren't lingering on. So please help me pray that this too shall pass. Thanks guys.

Love, Stacey

8 comments:

snowwhite said...

Hi Stacey, just read your last message. So sorry your feeling bad. Hopefully it will pass soon.
Joe's sister Betty is also
fighting cancer. She's been doing chemo since May.
She has good days, and not so good days. She's also in her 70's and single. We visited her this spring(Denver) and talk with her often. She has a great attitude like you, and doing well with her treatment. Hang in there Stacey. I'm with you every minute.Love Johnnie

Stacy C. said...

We're with you friend. Think good thoughts and try not to fight it... that will make you feel worse. It will pass when it needs too. Still praying! :-) Stacy and Family

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey
Hang in there girl, we're all praying for your strength and for these nasty side effects to cease.
Prayers being sent.
Tina

Brown Family said...

Hi Stacey!
We are thinking about you and pray today will be a better day. You are so special. Love, Linda & Steve

Shari said...

Hi Stacey!

I started this response on Monday before your last message but I couldn't get it to send (I'm trying again but some of my comments may be outdated.)
I'm sorry you're feeling badly now. I hope it passes soon.

Thanks for the blog site – what a good way to keep track of you! :) It’s nice that they try to make the chemo treatment rooms so pleasant and comfortable for you with all you’re going through, and it’s good to hear you’re so upbeat in spite of the difficulties and discomfort.

While you were having your first chemo, we were flying over you to Oregon -- yes, the NCAA always gives Oxy a tough first round opponent even when they earn a better spot! The team was wonderfully optimistic about beating Willamette, and they started the game off great, but it just didn’t happen in the end. It’s been so exciting for us and the team with their great season, so it was really sad watching them struggle – AND for Joe and me, realizing that that was the last time for us to watch our sons play college football. I will miss that whole group of parents as well as the players! Many of the parents have asked about you. I’ve shared your cards with them. I didn’t get to talk to Aaron at homecoming (and I don’t think he got to travel to Willamette?), but he was always so pleasant and informative about your progress at the tailgates. You didn’t mention that he’ll be home for Thanksgiving. Maybe he’s going to his Grandma’s down here? If he isn’t, he’s more than welcome to come to our house with Rocky and JD. I’m sorry to hear about Will’s injuries. It sounds similar to what happened to Anthony O. last year (poor Anthony, he plays so hard and gets one injury after another – I think he was only in 2 games this year and tried to come back for the play-offs but only played the first quarter or so – we really could have used him!)

Keep up the good work! I'll be watching your progress and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Tim Simon said...

I heard a little reefer helps with the nausea. Want me to go score you a few joints? I'm not sure where you buy it but I'll bet I can find some. Let me know.

Snoop Dog Simon

Unknown said...

Hey Stacey!!! Wow, you are soo fancy with your new pink blog. I love it! Reading your updates is like sitting right next to you, talking. Remember our trips home from Bonko and sitting in our car forever talking about all kinds of junk?? i miss you, and i miss our junk talks... good times. anyway, thank you for calling me. After talking with you, and reading your updates, it's very apparent - you are one tough cookie. as our old friend jed clampett would say 'wooooo doggies'!!!!! heh heh. Our whole family is keeping you and your whole family in our prayers...praying for strength and a complete and fast recovery for you. We love you, and expect your phone to ring, and if you don't answer, i'll understand. x0x0x0x0 Happy Thanksgiving Stacey!!!!!!!!

Mary said...

Stacey,
I hope you are feeling better by now. You are in our prayers.

Love you kiddo!!!